CARDINAL POINT VINEYARD & WINERY
9423 BATESVILLE ROAD
AFTON, VIRGINIA 22920
540.456.8400 tel |
Everyday | 11 am to 5:30 pm
Please see below
Cardinal Point StaGe TWO Opening Information
regarding on-premise consumption:
- We are open daily from 11 am to 5:30 pm for both curbside pickup and for our customers to enjoy our wines on our property.
- We are now taking reservations for seating on our covered deck and patio. We highly recommend making a reservation if you want to enjoy seating protected from the elements. See our paragraph regarding RESERVATIONS below.
- Tables not taken by prior reservation will be given to walk-ins on a first come, first served basis. Lawn seating will be on a first come, first served basis. All patrons on the lawn are expected to observe social distancing. Groups over 10 people are strictly prohibited.
Please call (540)456-8400 to make your reservations, and for more information. Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis, and will be held for 20 minute after your reservation time. If no one from your party is there to take your table(s), your seating will be given to the other customers.
- We ask that you not bring guests under the age of 21. If you do bring younger guests, they must wear masks and observe social distancing. They cannot be allowed to roam beyond your table or seating area. If making a reservation, children must be included in your party number.
- We ask that you leave your pets at home. If you do bring your pets, they must be on a leash.
- We are insisting that every person on our property WEAR A MASK that covers your nose and mouth unless seated in your designated area with your party. That means you should be wearing your mask when you approach the tasting room area for bottle and/or table service.
- Our staff has received additional training including cleaning and distancing protocol to be sure that they can provide a safe atmosphere for our customers.
- The tasting room will be closed. There will be an outside purchase area designated for your purchases and staff to help with table service
- We are now offering tasting flights and bottle sales.
- The bathroom will be open to one person at a time and will be disinfected between each customer. Hand sanitizer will be available for you to use during your stay. Again, you must wear a mask when entering the building.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic or snacks to enjoy with your group, but we are asking folks to please clean up after themselves. We will have trash cans available. As per our ABC regulations, no outside alcoholic drinks are allowed on our property.
- You are welcome to bring your own wine glass to use during your visit or we will have plastic cups for your use. If you would like to purchase a Cardinal Point wine glass to use and take home with you, they will be available for $2 each. You may also want to bring your own cooler to chill your bottles during your stay.
- Please read and follow all posted signs when on the property. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave at any time if they are not following any of these directions, the direction of the staff, or are acting in an unsafe manner.
- If you are not feeling well or have had any recent exposure to a person not feeling well, please stay home.
Thank you all so much for your support. We cannot wait to have you all back!
SHIPPING, PICK-UPS, and DELIVERIES
- We are offering free shipping. You can place your orders on our website.
- You may also order wine online and opt to pick it up at the winery. Be sure to select "Pickup at Winery" in the drop down menu on the Shop page. Appointments for pickups need to be set at least one day before the visit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the time and date, and give a cell phone number.
- We will do local deliveries (Charlottesville, Crozet, and Waynesboro area) for purchases of 3 bottles or more. Remember to choose "Hand Delivery" in the drop down menu on the shop page. A staff person will contact you regarding delivery times.
Charlottesville: I-64 west, exit 107. Left on Rt. 250 west for 4.7 miles.
Left onto Rt. 151 south for 2.4 miles. Left onto Rt. 638 (Avon Road) for
.9 miles. Left onto Rt. 636 (Batesville Road) for .7 miles. Cardinal Point
Winery is on your right.
From Staunton: I-64 East, exit 99. Right onto Rt. 250 east. At bottom
of mountain turn right onto Rt. 151 south for 2.4 miles. Left onto Rt.
638 (Avon Road) for .9 miles. Left onto Rt. 636 (Batesville Road) for .7
miles. Cardinal Point Winery is on your right.
From Lynchburg: Take 29 North towards Lovingston. After passing the town
of Lovingston, turn left onto VA Rt 6 (Pike Road). Turn right onto Rt.
151/6 and follow for approximately 10 miles. Turn right on Rt. 638 (Avon
Road). Make turn onto Batesville Rd. Cardinal Point Winery is .5 miles
Cardinal Point is conveniently located within minutes of several other
Virginia wineries, among them Afton Mountain, Flying Fox, Hill Top Berry
Farm, King Family, and Veritas.
More reasons to visit